Monday 23 February 2015

Australia Awards Scholarship Pre-Departure Training (Day - 1)

Hi, today was the first day of my Australia Awards Scholarship Pre-Departure Training (PDT). I will join the 8 weeks group!
For your information, the PDT is divided into 5 big groups and it is depend on your IELTS score. If you have, at least, overall score 6.5 with all bands above 6.0 you will be in 6 weeks group. The 8 weeks group is because we have overall score 6.5 but we have one or more bands below 6.0. You will join the 4.5 months group if you have 6.0 IELTS score, 6 months for 5.5, and 9 months for 5.0. 
The PDT for 6 weeks and 8 weeks groups are started on 23 February + 6 weeks / 8 weeks. My friend, he is in 4.5 months group, will start the PDT sometime in May. But, I don't know for the 6 months and the 9 months groups.
I'm practicing my writing skill. I apologize if there are a lot of grammar errors :p
So, what we did on the first day?
 From my acceptance letter, the registration is started at 8.00 until 9.00. But, I arrived at IALF at 7.45! Ah, I came too early. We need to fill a form. Oh ya, don't forget to bring 3*4 photo, your ID card, and BCA bank account. IALF will send monthly stipend to your BCA account :D.
At 9.10, we started the opening ceremony until 9.30 or 9.40. There were 3 persons who delivered speech. Then we did morning break. I drank a medicine before I left my home this morning. When the opening ceremony, I was already sleepy! :p
After the morning tea break, Simone presented course introduction for an hour! I forgot most of her presentation! :p
After Simone presentation, the 6 weeks group stayed at the auditorium room for Prof. Victor Callan presentation. We, the 8 weeks group, did the induction program about IALF facilities. IALF has a resource center room, which is a library. IALF alo has many computers. We also will receive a student email. We need to check it every time.
At 12.00, the induction program for 8 weeks group was done. Me and my new friend, Muqdis, had lunch at a small canteen near the parking area of Menara Kuningan. IALF is located at Menara Kuningan complex.
At 13.00, I went to the auditorium for Prof. Victor Callan presentation. Prof. Callan is a business professor at Quensland University and AAS academic advisor. The main thing of his presentation is tip and trick to choose an Australian university! Because I was under drug controlled, I also didn't remind some of his presentation :p
We finished the introduction session of the first day at 15.00! Time to go home!

No comments:

Post a Comment